The Elaphaea Archipelago is brimming with all sorts of Magic and since time immemorial and onward, it has been an ever present force within the Realm of Elaphaea.
Phae have a natural Magic Affinity, meaning that they are able to tap into the Aether of the world and transform its essence into Mana (which is what gives Magic its form from the building blocks of the Aether). This is by and far a subconscious process and many Phae are unaware that what they are doing is transforming Aether into Mana and subsequently into Magic. To a Phae, they are simply reaching within themselves and calling on the Magic to do their bidding. Many believe that Magic is and was always granted by the deities, which is partly true. The deities gift Phae with the subconscious know-how to perform Magic, for actually understanding the process is forbidden deific knowledge capable of turning mortals to insanity.
Inborn versus Learned Magic
Every Phae is born with the potential to wield Magic, with the exception of phae with more than 87.5% Stonemire blood who find their magical connection blocked. This magic type is influenced by the proximity and connection of their soul to a certain deity’s Domain. Later in life, Phae can even learn one other Magic type aside from the one that is innate to them. In order to learn a second magic strand, the player must purchase their character’s second magic slot with bacon. Head over to the Bacon page to learn more.
Additionally, a few rules and regulations exist where magic types are concerned:
- Starter characters may select 1 inborn magic type for free from the available magics in the herd of their birth (should be the magic of one of their parents also; not including bacon purchase restricted magic types).
- Fawns may select 1 inborn magic type from either parent for free (not including bacon purchase restricted magic types).
- Starters or Fawns may purchase an out-of-herd (any herd they were not born in) magic or purchase restricted magic types as their inborn magic at profile submission (not including bacon purchase restricted magic types).
- Starters or Fawns may learn a second magic type through RPs for free after unlocking the slot through bacon or token purchase OR the player may also purchase a restricted magic type with bacon or tokens.
With this inherent ability to use magic also comes a natural telekinetic ability. All phae are able to use telekinesis to lift and move certain objects, though phae without actual Psychokinesis magic cannot lift much. The average phae can only use telekinesis to lift things up to 25% of their body weight at a time (no heavier than 20kg). For heavier items, a phae with Psychokinesis magic will have to be called upon. When using their telekinetic abilities, phae will engulf items in a halo of color that they call “Aura”. Aura is a unique color to each individual and can be any possible color. This color is a visual reflection of the inner spirit of the phae, which means that the color can change over time as a phae goes through life. Colors and their meanings are entirely up to the character’s player!
When the events of the Shattering took place, a large amount of magical energy was released when the deities of Elaphaea fought against Vronne to free Izmir from his trap. Because of this massive Magical release, many forms of magic were altered and “corrupted” into a different or darker form. For several decades after the Shattering, phae were skeptical of these new magic types, and they are often attributed to Vronne because of their origin. In reality, these magics were influenced by the deities of each area as they sought to stabilize the Aether in the otherworldly plane. Corrupted magic has a small chance to be randomly rolled from a breeding or must be purchased with bacon, so head over to the Bacon page to find out more!
Healing magic is attributed to no one herd and is associated with the god Kaea. Kaea is completely impartial to herd boundaries and magic types, thus healing can randomly appear in any phae of any herd, and is considered to be a great gift that should be used to aid said herd. Healing magic has a small chance to be randomly rolled from a breeding or must be purchased with bacon, so head over to the Bacon page to find out more!
Born Advanced (BA)
Because all phae have an innate ability to learn magic and magical ability is a heritable trait, some phae are naturally born with a higher affinity for magic than others! These phae will naturally be a step above their peers in learning and wielding magical abilities, thus they gain access to higher levels of magic sooner! To see the age at which BA characters may use their skills, check out this sheet.
For bred fawns, this means that they were born with an inherited magical stat of 60 points or higher or they were purchased a BA bacon reward. Starters may also be BA, but this requires two bacon purchases: the adult BA unlock and the BA unlock. Head over to the Bacon page to find out more!
Creating visual and auditory illusions in the mind of the target. They are not visible to non-targets unless the caster is good enough to broadcast on all frequencies. Also enables the caster to tinker directly with a victim’s mind in advanced users. No illusion is physical, but messing with the target’s mind enough can make them think it is. Some examples include:
- Making shapes in the target’s peripheral vision – distraction tactics
- Projecting false images of large non-moving things (sight, smell)
- Projecting images of small moving things (sight, smell, sound)
- Project false image of self (eg. changing color, height etc)
- Planting minor false memories (single memory/situation or change a subtle detail in a series of related events)
- Projecting false images to multiple targets (sight, sound)
- Projecting complex images of large scale moving illusions to a single Phae (sight, smell, sound)
- Project complex false image of self (different species, believable impersonation of someone they’ve met) (sight, smell, sound)
- Invisibility including the cloaking of senses (ie. sound, smell etc)
- Planting more complex fake memories (e.g. overwrite major life events)
- Cause insanity and broken minds (caster or victim)
- Illusory script – being able to create a script only the creator and certain individuals (Phae must think of the names before finishing the writing) can read, to all others the writing can appear unintelligible/invisible or have it say something completely different.
- Casting a realistic illusion with multiple moving components (sight, smell, sound) to a group (max. 50 Phae)
- Creating a lifelike projection (incl. Touch) of one living creature to a single Phae.
- Creating a permanent grand scale (or many smaller scale) illusions of objects/effects tied to an object in its central point.
Formchanger (Corrupted Illusion)
These phae can change shape – at first only in minor ways, such as the color of their hair or the shape of their antlers, but eventually they are able to make themselves invisible, transform into other phae – or even into other animals! Unlike illusionism, once the change is made there is no more magic required to stay that shape – and these changes are real, not simply tricks of the mind.
These phae take on the appearance of the thing they change most often into – so phae that prefer to become invisible will gradually begin to fade away, or those that prefer to become birds may grow permanent feathers.
- Change hair color
- Change antler shape
- Give self odd growths (wolf claws, bird feathers)
- Be 25% transparent
- Completely change appearance (appear as another phae)
- Transform into a phae-sized animal
- Be 50% transparent
- Change size (up to 50% larger or smaller)
- Change internal organs – eg change biological sex, give self another heart temporarily (i.e. less than one season)
- Be 75% transparent
- Change size (up to 100% larger, as small as whatever they’re transforming into)
- Be completely transparent
- Change the appearance of any clothing or accessories the Phae is wearing (items cannot be added or changed beyond their natural size and will always revert back when the Phae is no longer concentrating on them).
- Permanently change one’s base exterior appearance (coat colors must remain within natural boundaries) and is still able to change form out of the base form.
- Able to shapeshift to enhance resistance to cold or heat or become waterproof (not advised to go jumping into an active volcano or spend the rest of their life in a frozen lake as this takes active constant concentration and doesn’t make them immune/immortal)
- Change biological sex completely for more than a season. If a character stays in this form for more than two seasons it will be difficult and painful to change back. If the character happens to carry a fawn and attempts to shift their internal biology/organs then the fawn will be lost.
Those born on a path to understand others and help them understand themselves, the natural mediators. Phae can also be gifted this magic as a lesson to the individual if they were fated to be cruel or unfeeling from birth.
- Simple empathy – detect the emotions of others
- Able to form a telepathic link (mind-speak both ways) with one Phae at a time. (Target must be within 800 km)
- Enhance/suppress the emotions of others.
- Able to form a telepathic link (mind-speak both ways) with up to 5 Phae at one time. (Target must be within 800 km)
- Induce/create emotions in others.
- Able to form a telepathic link (mind-speak both ways) with up to 10 Phae at one time. (Target must be within 800 km)
- Able to sense/view empathic echoes.
- Being able to form a telepathic link (mind-speak both ways) with up to 20 Phae at one time. (Target must be within 800 km)
- Being able to form an empathetic link (feeling what the other is feeling) with one Phae without distance limits.
Leech (Corrupted Empathy)
Leeches steal energy from other phae, boosting their own vitality. This begins as just a little light energy sapping, but can eventually lead to spirit stealing, leaving the victim a mindless, emotionless shell.
Leeches look sickly if they do not leech often and will gradually lose their hair over time if they refuse to use their power. They have a habit of salivating viscous goo, and generally look creepy.
- Sap enough energy to make nearby phae feel tired
- Drain 3 skill points worth of energy (stamina or strength, whichever is higher)
- NB – if drained to “no level” in more than one skill, it will take a phae 1 in-game year to recover and return to normal stats caps)
- Sap enough energy to make a phae fall down from exhaustion
- Sap strong emotions or personality traits – eg drain some of the laughter from someone enjoying an awesome joke so that they can enjoy the joke even more themselves
- Drain 1 level worth of energy (stamina or strength, whichever is higher).
- NB – if drained to “no level” in more than one skill, it will take a phae 1 in-game year to recover and return to normal stats caps)
- Can no longer gain energy from food, must feed on phae energy at least once per season
- Sap enough energy to knock a phae out
- Sap general emotions or personality traits – eg make a vague optimist less optimistic about life, and make themselves a little bit more optimistic
- Drain 2 levels worth of energy (stamina or strength, whichever is higher).
- Sap enough energy to steal a phae’s spirit, including their personality!
- Drain 3 levels worth of energy (stamina or strength, whichever is higher).
- Can temporarily ‘lock’ a Phae’s connection to their magic (max. Half a season)
- Can ‘ absorb’ oncoming magical attacks to redirect them back at the attacker (can only absorb two types of magic simultaneously, thereby three attacks of different magic types would mean the third would hit and not be reflected back).
- Sap enough energy to void a phae of all emotion for up to 1 year.
- Can temporarily leech 1 magic type from an opponent to use themselves at basic level (up to 1 day), can’t leech the same magic type from the same phae again.
While being able to shape the wind does not seem much to outsiders, to master this magic comes with phenomenal power. Calling storms and ripping the air from the lungs of your enemy sounds appealing, doesn’t it?
- Directing mild wind currents – eg, Dramatic breeze for badass hair
- Speed up wind slightly
- Slow down wind slightly
- Directing wind currents – eg, buffeting an opponent off-balance but not blowing over completely, or use for super duper dramatic hair
- Pick up small / light objects in wind – eg, grass, sand
- Calm mild winds
- Heat wind
- Cool wind
- Willy-willies (Whirlwinds)
- Directing fast wind currents – eg, enough to push another phae over
- Pick up medium objects in the wind – eg, bushes
- Asphyxiation of opponents
- Increasing air pressure
- Lessening air pressure
- Pick up large objects in wind – eg, other phae, trees
- Call forth a hurricane (if directing the wind from a point out at sea).
- Pick up large objects in the wind – e.g. entire trees, small huts.
- Picking up multiple phae in the wind (up to 5) to throw them 50 ft away.
Psychokinesis (Corrupted Air)
Psychokinesis gives phae the ability to move objects with their mind. This begins with small objects, but are eventually able to lift large objects and teleport themselves and others. phae with this magic may have an ethereal wind effect around their body that causes the hair to be suspended and may attract small objects that orbit their body.
This magic takes a great deal of skill and accuracy to use effectively, and can drain the user if used too much.
- Can levitate and move small objects, about 50% of their body size and weight.
- Can levitate and move medium sized objects, about 75% of their body size and weight.
- Teleport small, non-living objects, about 10% of their body size and weight. Living objects will die if they’re teleported at this level.
- Ethereal wind effect begins – this is passive and not required.
- Can levitate and move large sized objects, 100% of their body size and weight; aka. Anything the size of an adult phae..
- Can teleport themself at a distance of 50 kilometers at a time.
- Can teleport multiple medium sized objects, about 50% of their body size each.
- Can levitate and move huge objects up to 1 ton in weight.
- Can teleport themself at an unlimited distance.
- Can teleport others at a distance of 50 kilometers at a time.
- Can teleport multiple large objects up to the weight of an adult phae.
- Can teleport themself and other phae at an unlimited distance.
- Can teleport one other phae of adult size and themself side-by-side to the same location at an unlimited distance. (No more than 2 phae can be teleported at the same time; can also teleport two other phae at the same time, not including themself.)
- Can teleport huge objects up to ½ a ton in weight at a distance of 50 kilometers at a time.
Luckily, phae who have mastered fire magic are immune to the flames themself. However, they are not immune to smoke inhalation and thereby cannot stand in fire without oxygen for longer than a few minutes. An incredibly destructive power, phae with this ability are cautioned and carefully taught from the moment they learn the ability due to the devastating effects irresponsible usage can have.
- Manipulating existing flame
- Sensing nearby fires
- Affinity for fire (enjoying snuggling down next to a fire)
- Create fire (regular yellow/orange only) but can’t maintain it
- Create scorch marks
- Fiery sneezes
- Lighting easily flammable objects on fire – eg, grass, dry wood, fur
- Attacking with conjured flame (ability to aim and fire, control it)
- Breathing fire
- Set self alight and maintain flame (phae torch!)
- Set a non-immune phae on fire
- Lighting less flammable objects on fire – eg, rock, antlers, very large trees etc
- Produce the hottest flame, may be different colors
- Melting minerals using a superheated flame – i.e. rock etc.
- Directing melted minerals – i.e. force molten rock into a mold
- NB – this is very basic directing and can only be done when the material is kept hot
- Draw heat from another phae/themselves – i.e. use their own body heat to add energy to a flame, steal another phae’s body heat to make their fire more powerful during a fight etc.
- Draw heat from hot objects – ie, cool objects heated by someone else, can be used to temper blazes
- NB – they can only return objects to their ‘starting’ temperature. They can draw heat from a flaming branch or stop water from boiling, but cannot freeze water
- Melting large amounts of metals for an extended period of time.
- Creating a moderate amount of molten lava (about their own body weight’s worth)
- Cuddle with an icy phae without hurting themselves or the other.
- Create heat waves in a local town (40 ft radius)
- Light a small relatively non-flammable building on fire.
- Create a wall of fire 60ft long and 40ft high that damages phae on one side but not on the other.
Things they can’t do:
- Extinguish flame completely, they can only control its direction and fuel
- Heat things objects / the air without the involvement of fire
- Stand in fire indefinitely – they will suffocate without oxygen!
Ash (Corrupted Fire)
Instead of being able to manipulate fire, these phae can turn objects – and living creatures – to ash. This might be in the form of a simple disintegration, or it could be a violent explosion!
The phae’s hide blackens as their magic increases, with hot cinders drifting from their mane and tail. They are hot to the touch, and soot will rub off on touchers. Eventually their coat will appear to ‘crack’, the darkness being split by lines of bright, red-hot heat. Ash will crust around these hot lines, and once they reach this stage, their body becomes hard to the touch beneath the sooty fur, like seams of coal.
- Smoky breath
- Crumble already burning objects to ash
- Sooty skin
- Crumble small or flammable non-burning objects to ash – eg twigs, leaf plies
- Charcoal coating all over
- Crumble large objects to ash – bushes, trees, small predators
- Small explosions – can combust small inanimate objects, causes partial deafness for an hour. NB – the resulting pyrotechnics may cause wildfires
- Totally black with ashy crusting
- Crumble phae to ash
- Big explosions – can combust large inanimate objects or small animals/phae, causes deafness for two hours. NB – the resulting pyrotechnics may cause wildfires
- Can create many explosions at once – combust large inatimate objects or medium sized animals/phae, causes deafness for a day (can cause grandscale wildfires).
- Crumble larger objects to ash – multiple trees, a small home made of wood, a boat, large animals. (bit by bit)
- Mane and tail fall out and their still visible skin sparks with ember crackling.
Though some might perceive poison magic as a dangerous curse, this magic has very practical and positive applications too if one is patient enough to learn them. Phae with poison magic are often feared by many due to the sometimes slow and painful death they can bring about.
- Can create a small amount of mild poison that can put a small sized phae/animal out for 1 hour.
- Phae is immune to its own poisons.
- Can attack using sprays of a mildly corrosive, non-lethal poison that burns the skin but can be cured.
- Can use their magic to make the desired effect (positive or negative) of any herb more potent (up to twice as effective).
- Can emit a nerve gas cloud of up to 15ft paralyzing anyone in the area for up to 1 hour and knocking them unconscious.
- Can use their magic to make poisonous potions, brews, and herbs more potent (up to ten times more concentrated or effective).
- Can emit a poison cloud in a radius around them of 40ft that will cause burning of the eyes, bleeding from the nose/mouth, extreme coughing, and extreme dizziness/blurred vision. If the affected Phae is not attended to by a healer or herbalist within a week, the phae will succumb to the poison (immune themselves).
- Can focus in on the position within the body of a phae and speed up or slow down its effects.
- Can call forth a cloud (up to 20 ft radius) of toxic rain that will burn the flesh of anyone it touches (can only be cured by healing magic).
- Can extract all poison from a phae’s body through a puncture in the skin.
Toxicskin (Corrupted Poison)
Toxicskin phae are equally feared to their poison wielding counterparts. Sometimes, even more so due to their physical likeness to the god of disease, Emnos.
- Toxic bite – the phae grows fangs capable of depositing toxins that will knock out a small phae/animal for an hour.
- Immune to own poison
- Their blood becomes toxic to others, keeping them sick until all traces are out of their system (symptoms similar to mild carbon monoxide poisoning).
- Can will their rack to produce a toxic coating that will knock out a large phae or animal for 1 hour.
- Will grow various types of fungi along their body.
- Can breathe out a toxic gas that will paralyze a large phae or creature or cause them to become deathly ill (will die unless treated).
- Their skin can produce extremely fine dust spores (at will or when threatened) that can cause any phae within a 30ft radius to hallucinate for 10 min.
- Oozing ichor out of eyes and wounds.
- Their skin can produce extremely fine dust spores (at will or when threatened) that can cause any phae within a 30ft radius to hallucinate, and become delusional or paranoid until looked after by a healer.
- Can will their rack to produce a poisonous coating that will kill a large phae or animal unless treated within 24 hours.
- Hair becomes goopy (will often turn black or an unnatural toxic green). (optional)
- Their skin can produce extremely fine dust spores (at will or when threatened) that can cause any phae within a 50ft radius to hallucinate, and become delusional, see things that aren’t there, or paranoid until looked after by a healer.
- Can will their rack to produce a poisonous coating that will kill a large phae or animal unless treated within a matter of minutes.
- Almost the entire topline of the body is riddled with fungi, moss, and algae.
- The ground they walk on seems to rot the plant life beneath them.
Earth Magic controls plants and soil, and the legends tell of being able to move rock and make whole forests bloom in the midst of the darkest winter. At basic level, Earth Magic was nothing more than a party trick, a daisy here, a blossom there. At higher levels Phae can connect and manipulate the very essence of plantlife and
- Growing flowers
- Greening the grass at their feet
- Speedy flowering – eg, Making a tree blossom out of season
- Growing shrubbery – eg, slow-growing vines/roots to trip others
- Sense plants
- Moving the earth – eg, digging small to medium holes
- Sense fertility/mineral content of soil
- Speedy shrubbery – eg, Make a branch barrier, grabbing enemies with vines and brambles
- Growing trees – eg, creating 10-years-worth of growth per hour of concentration
- Grow fruit
- “Plant Empathy” – eg, knowing how healthy a plant is/if any part of it is broken/stressed
- Moving the earth – eg, digging medium to large holes
- Influencing the fertility/mineral content of soil
- Shaping rock
- Speedy trees – eg, creating 20-years-worth of growth per hour of concentration
- Bringing the forest forcibly out of winter and into spring
- Moving the earth – eg, Move earth fast enough to bury someone alive
- Making earth golems – ie, constructs of rock and/or plant material under your control, they have no sentience
- Levitate earth/stone (up to twice their body weight).
- Causing a tree to go through 50 years of growth.
- Create an entire sprawling and intricately laid out design for a garden, hollow, or labyrinth made out of plant life with many different plants and trees with one or two hours of concentration.
- Can create new combinations of combined plant species that normally wouldn’t organically be capable of being bred.
Stoneskin (Corrupted Earth)
Stoneskin magic physically affects the phae who possesses it by gradually covering it with plant-like structures, starting with bark which grows from the hooves upwards. Eventually, plants begin to sprout from the phae’s body as the magic grows stronger. More adept phae can control what grows on them as well as hardening their skin to be like stone. This can affect skin, hooves and antlers, which makes them excellent assets in a fight.
The plants that grow upon their bodies are a part of them, so if they die or are plucked off, it will cause them physical pain. Stoneskin can also be extremely heavy when grown and worn, and as such, when most of the body is covered, it becomes harder for them to move and their speed is reduced to medium while wearing it. The plants that grow on them must be native to the territory the phae was born in. They can also find plants from other territories and attach them to their bodies. However, if this plant is pulled, it will not grow back because it is non-native.
Foliage, bark and stone replace hair when grown on the body, so if these are removed, the hair will need to regrow in its place. If any of this is pulled or removed, hair will need time to regrow.
- Can grow bark on their lower legs. This bark replaces the hair on the legs completely.
- Can sprout flowers on themself.
- Can direct the growth of their barkskin to provide armor on the lower half of their body, which requires medium level strength to break.
- Can increase the amount of plant growth on their body. Can not cover more than 50% of topline.
- Can sprout and control vines on their body.
- Can cover the body with barkskin armor, which requires medium level strength to break.
- Can cover the upper half of their body with plant growths.
- Can sprout and control thorned or other more dangerous vines from themself.
- Can convert bark growth to stone to form tougher armor, which requires advanced strength to break.
- Can cover 75% of the body in plant growth.
- Will grow perma-stone or wooden antlers which no longer shed in Spring and Summer.
- Can sprout and control larger plants like trees from themselves.
Whilst not seemingly a threatening or particularly destructive magic type at first, water magic can be used with vicious and deathly intent. This is due to most living creatures being made up of mostly water. Mariners with this magic strain are particularly sought after due to their ability to influence the very sea that can be incredibly unpredictable at times.
- Directing small amounts of water – eg, altering the flow of a shallow stream around your feet
- Basic control of water tension – eg, lake ripples, miniature images out of puddles
- Affinity for swimming
- Directing medium amounts of water – eg, redirecting a stream completely, making a wave in a still lake
- Medium control of still water tension – eg, make a to-scale water replica of themselves/others/things, stand on a lake’s surface
- Detect nearby water – eg, nearby lakes, other animals by sensing their body’s water
- Boil medium amounts of water – eg, boil a cubic meter of water
- Swim underwater with ease
- Direct raindrops within a meter
- Directing large amounts of water – eg, making waves large enough to carry you
- Advanced control of water tension – eg, making a large water replica of themselves/others/things, stand on streams/sea no deeper than a few meters, allow others to stand on still water
- Levitate medium amounts of water – ie, not touching any water/surface already obeying gravity
- Boil large amounts of water – eg, boil five cubic meters of water.
- Directing huge amounts of water – eg, huge waves, parting small lakes/rivers
- Master control of water tension – eg, making a giant water replica of themselves/others/things, stand on the sea, allow others to stand on running water
- Levitate large amounts of water – ie, not touching any water/surface already obeying gravity
- Boil huge amounts of water – eg, boil a small lake
- Control water inside another creature – eg, cause aneurysms, exploding organs, boiling/freezing blood
- Causing a whirlpool to occur in the ocean/a body of water big enough to take down a medium sized boat and pull it 20 ft under the water.
Ice (Corrupted Water)
These phae cannot manipulate water – any water they interact with will freeze. They can, however, manipulate ice much much more easily than their contemporaries, creating powerful ice golems or freezing their opponents solid!
The phae are ‘frosted’ – this begins with flakes of ice forming in their manes and tails, and eventually a sheen of ice will cover the entire body. They will feel cold to the touch.
- Freeze enough water in a pond to stand on
- Air within one meter of the phae feels cold!
- Freeze water around a phae to catch their feet
- Air within two meters of the phae feels chilly
- Frost over a cavern to make a cosey cold den
- Freeze a source of water quick enough to catch a whole phae
- Cause the air within five meters to feel really darned cold
- Cause the rain falling to fall as snow or hail
- Freeze a phae to death
- Freeze the air within give meters of themselves – leaving it almost unbearably cold to other phae!
- Cause blizzards in summertime from water vapour in the air
- Freeze multiple (up to 3) phae to death.
- Freeze the air up to 30ft around them – making it incredibly cold to other phae.
- Freeze enough of a body of water to stop a large boat in its tracks.
- Can call forth permanent or temporary thick ice plates of armour on their body (that won’t melt due to their other abilities even in Dawnspire heat).
Many are either scared or impressed by thunderstorms in nature, with a sense of morbid fascination. Almost all know not to run outside in a thunderstorm for the immense force of the lightning that might strike. These phae tend to be the very embodiment of a thunderstorm. Imposing, dangerously alluring, and immensely strong of character.
- Can create and manipulate static electricity.
- Can call forth a few small and erratic bolts of lightning, though short lived and unfocused.
- Becomes immune to the harm of being struck by lightning.
- Can call forth a small storm centralized around themself (30ft radius) with erratic/uncontrolled bolts of lighting strike for up to 10 min.
- Can electrocute someone to the point of paralysation by means of touch.
- Can call forth small balls of lighting to hit multiple enemies in quick succession.
- Can call forth a large storm (60ft radius) with directed and focused lighting strikes for up to 10 mins.
- Can call forth bolts of lighting from themself (without a storm) to strike enemies.
- Can electrocute someone to the point of near death by means of touch (will burn the point of contact extremely, only healed by healing magic).
- Can call forth a ball of lightning (roughly their own size) and direct it at an enemy/group of enemies.
- Can electrocute someone to point of death by means of touch.
- Can call forth and dismiss extreme, uncontrolled thunder and lightning storms centered around an object or Phae of their choosing up to 80ft in radius.
Shield (Corrupted Lightning)
Those who wish to protect themselves and others they care about would be wise to affiliate themself with a phae adept in shield magic. Not only can your knight in shining armour keep you safe, they can even walk through the air if they train long enough!
- Can attract/repulse small metal objects at will.
- Can create a singular magical wall barrier (one direction) protecting against physical closeness.
- Can push back another phae/animal of the same size 5ft back using invisible force.
- Can pull another phae/animal of the same size 5ft closer using invisible force.
- Can create a spherical 10ft barrier around themselves protecting against physical closeness.
- Can push back another phae/animal of the same size 15ft back using invisible force.
- Can pull another phae/animal of the same size 15ft closer using invisible force.
- Can create a singular magical wall barrier (one direction) protecting against magical attacks (cannot coexist with a physical barrier at this level).
- Can create a spherical 30ft barrier around themselves and others protecting against physical closeness (centered on themselves in movement).
- Can push back up to 2 phae/animals of the same size 15ft back using invisible force.
- Can pull up to 2 phae/animals of the same size 15ft closer using invisible force.
- Can create a spherical 30ft barrier around themselves and others protecting against magic attacks (centered on themself in movement and cannot coexist with physical barriers).
- Can create many small physical shields in concession allowing them to even create ‘steps’ to walk/run on in mid air (only able to produce this for themselves to use as only roughly enough can exist at one time for their own movement in mid-air).
- Can push back up to 5 phae of the same size 30ft back using invisible force.
- Can pull up to 5 phae of the same size closer 30ft using invisible force.
- Can create a spherical barrier around themselves and others 30ft in diameter that protects against both physical proximity and magical attacks (cannot coexist with shield steps).
Necromancy (Free Regardless of Herd)
Phae are often born with necromancy if their birth was difficult/risky and sometimes discovered later after a near death experience. The control of the dead, be it spirits or physical corpses. Reanimated corpses are soulless and have no desires other than that of the caster’s. Spirits can manifest as ghostly white shapes, though others cannot see them unless the caster is powerful enough. At a high enough level, spirits can be returned to their reanimated bodies – they will keep rotting tho, so can’t keep those around forever…and it’s prolly a stinky thing.
- Summoning ghosts and spirits for short time – non-necromancers cannot see them – they also cannot yet be controlled and will likely do as they please, not following orders.
- Summoning spirits and keeping them there – non-necromancers can see them – they may be more inclined to follow orders, if the spirit isn’t too powerful (ex. A big predator or a phae)
- Reanimating small animals – rats, rabbits, birds (though don’t expect them to be able to fly unless they’re fresh) and involves active magic use (ex. when the magic is gone, so is the necromancy). The reanimated creature’s physical form will continue to follow the natural course of decay.
- Reanimating corpses of phae which involves active magic use (ex. when the magic is gone, so is the necromancy) their physical bodies will continue to follow the natural course of decay.
- Command spirits and they will listen unless very powerful (ex. Large predators or phae) – they cannot physically touch others, but others can see them and they can cause a good distraction or scare.
- Entering the afterlife (not physically, separating the spirit from the body) for a very short time.
- Animating many corpses (up to 10 medium ones like foxes, and up to 5 large bodies like wolves), it involves active magic use (ex. when the magic is gone, so is the necromancy) their physical forms will continue to follow the natural course of decay.
- Command powerful spirits – they may appear almost alive, but still incorporeal to the touch.
- Command multiple spirits and they will obey. Also larger spirits like big predators or phae, unless they were very strong personalities when alive.
- Bind a spirit to its original reanimated body – this involves active magic use (ex. when the magic is gone, so is the necromancy) their physical bodies will continue to follow the natural course of decay.
- Bind a spirit to a living host, it involves active magic use (ex. when the magic is gone, so is the necromancy), the spirit of the living body will continue to stay active.
- Animating many corpses (up to 20 medium ones like foxes, and up to 10 large bodies like wolves), it involves active magic use (ex. when the magic is gone, so is the necromancy) their physical bodies will continue to follow the natural course of decay.
- Command multiple spirits and they will obey.
- Bind a spirit to its original reanimated body – can be also without direct magic use, the spirit will stay in the body – they will continue to decay, so when the body is no longer functioning, the spirit will escape back into the afterlife.
- Bind a spirit to a living host without active magic use needed, spirit of the living body may be put to sleep and not be able to interfere with the other spirit controlling the body.
Spiritsoul (Corrupted Necromancy)(Does not require out-of-herd purchase)
If you look too deep into necromancy, the necromancy may look back into you. Spiritsoul phae slowly but surely become creatures of the afterlife themselves. These phae are typically fawns of necromancers who traveled into the void/the in between whilst pregnant, born into whole families of necromancer, or is a necromancer themself who has been using their magic very frequently and wake up to some changes one day. You peered into the in between one two many times and it is trying to claim you back.
Spiritsouls who die are said to never be able to reach the afterlife themself but are instead forever confined to the void/the inbetween, fated to chase or guide recently deceased Phae to the afterlife under the servitude of Kaea or Vronne.
- Small, bony growths can be found around the areas where bone is close to the skin e.g. spine, knees etc.
- Medium sized bone growths develop anywhere on the body (optional)
- Mane and tail turn wispy and see-through (seeming to defy gravity).
- Sclera turn black
- Extremities begin to turn black in color (legs up to the knee)
- Can flit into a spirit form in occasional short lived moments (<1min) and walk through objects (involuntary).
- Phae is constantly followed by up to 5 ‘will-o-wisp’ type energy ball entities.
- Bone “plates” can grow, armor like.
- Can take on a full spirit form for longer (a week, voluntary with concentration).
- Neck, ears, and forehead (up to the level of the eyes) turn black.
- Take another along to a trip into the afterlife through the void/inbetween (not physically, separating the spirit from the body) at great danger to themselves.
- Phae constantly cries black tears.
- Phae can spend up to a full season in incorporeal form (voluntary).
- Phae can possess others in incorporeal form.
- Can take others (up to 2 phae) along to a trip into the afterlife through the void/inbetween (physically in incorporeal form) temporarily and even against their will (not permanent and phae will not die from this).
Favor (Free Regardless of Herd)
Unlike curses this magic brings fortune and luck upon others. A broad category that encompasses luck, happiness, fortune and life to living subjects or objects. Favors may have an immediate effect or can be longer lasting and longer acting. Magic users of this strain may create lucky charm objects, which will bring fortune on whoever uses or encounters them even if the original spellcaster is no longer present. You are lucky around a phae who has this magic; favors can only be broken by the spellcaster who cast them or they wear out – it depends on the level of favor how long that might take. There are no ill meaning favors, that is, sometimes being lucky can end up bad luck too, right?
- Favor with various types of good luck (may be more specific, such as good luck in love, lucky to not have small accidents,…)
- Turning one target/object into a lucky charm at a time
- Favoring with good fortunes (finding a good home, growing good crops, finding shelter)
- Favoring with knowing where food and water can be found
- Favoring with general good health
- Favoring several lucky charms at a time
- Favoring someone with good fertility
- Favoring with overcoming serious illness
- Lucky charms in objects, lucky Voodoo dolls
- Favoring many targets at a time
- Favor someone to overcome terminal illness (they will get better eventually, not right away)
- Voodoo dolls that can be used by people without favor magic to help
- Favor with slow aging (they will get all the maladies of old age slower)
- Favor whole family lines (including unborn family descendants)
- Favor someone by only having a single strand of their hair
- Favor places (woods, lakes,…)
- Favor whole settlements (family camps, renegade groups,…)
- Turning someone’s luck at the last moment during a dire situation.
Curses (Corrupted Favor)(Does not require out-of-herd purchase)
Used to bring misfortune and misery on enemies. A broad category that encompasses bad luck, illness, famine and death to living subjects or victims. Curses may have an immediate effect or can be longer lasting and longer acting. Magic users of this strain may create cursed objects, which will unleash misery on whoever uses or encounters them even if the original spellcaster is no longer present. Always use caution around a phae who can curse you; curses can only be broken by the spellcaster who cast them or they wear out – it depends on the level of curse how long that might take. There are no beneficial curses, that is, unless for the one who cursed, of course.
- Cursing with various types of bad luck (may be more specific, such as poor luck in love, prone to small accidents,…)
- Cursing with hives
- Cursing one target/object at a time
- Cursing with plagues (frogs, illness,…)
- Cursing with insatiable hunger/thirst
- Cursing with general ill health
- Cursing several targets at a time
- Cursing someone with infertility
- Curse with serious illness
- Voodoo charms in objects
- Cursing many targets at a time
- Curse someone with a terminal illness (they will die eventually, not right away)
- Voodoo dolls that can be used by people without curses magic
- Curse with rapid aging (they will get all the maladies of old age quicker)
- Cursing whole family lines (including unborn family descendants)
- Curse someone by only given a hair of them
- Curse places (woods, lakes,…)
- Curse with having to follow the commands of the curser
- Cursing whole settlements (family camps, renegade groups,…)
Things they can’t do:
- Directly curse with death, only help it along
- Curse whole herds
Healing magic is the ability to heal the bodies of others from physical injuries, diseases, toxins, or poisons. Healing is associated with the god Kaea, who is impartial to herd boundaries and magic types. Healing can randomly appear in any phae of any herd, and is considered to be a great gift that should be used to aid said herd.
Unlike most magics, healing magic users must draw upon the energy of their environment to perform a healing. This energy can come from plants, animals, other phae and even the healer themself. It is said that because Kaea believes in the well-being of all, the healing of one body requires the sacrifice of many bodies, even if that sacrifice is a small one. More adept users can choose where the energy comes from in order to protect the weak, but inexperienced users must be cautious, as they can easily kill a patient rather than heal them.
- Can only draw energy from their own body to perform healings.
- Can heal bruises, scrapes, and mild scratches on the body’s surface.
- Ease mild pains and discomforts.
- Can negate mild diseases and sicknesses. (This does not apply to birth defects)
- Can ambiently draw energy from themself and other phae to perform healings.
- Can heal small open or bleeding wounds.
- Can ease moderate pains and discomforts.
- Can negate mild toxins and poisons.
- Can lessen the effects of moderate diseases. (This does not apply to birth defects)
- Can ambiently draw energy from themself, other phae, and any other animals to perform healings.
- Can ease extreme pains and discomforts.
- Can heal most visible, external injuries, including severe external injuries.
- Can heal bone fractures.
- Can negate moderate toxins and poisons.
- Can suppress the effects of severe diseases. (This does not apply to birth defects)
- Can ease pains/issues related to birth defects, but not eliminate them.
- Can ambiently draw energy from any living creature or plant to perform healings.
- Can negate almost all feelings of pain and discomfort, no matter the severity.
- Can heal severe internal injuries.
- Can completely negate the effects of severe disease (This does not apply to birth defects).
- Can eliminate severe toxins and poisons.
- Can selectively take energy from other creatures and plants to protect weaker creatures or plants from dying.
- Can heal almost all severe external and internal injuries, but it comes at a large cost of energy. These healings usually require energy from several sources. (If a healer were to do this alone, they would die.)
- Can heal almost all toxins and poisons.
- Can bring phae back from the brink of death, but it comes at a large cost of energy. These healings usually require energy from several sources. (If a healer were to do this alone, they would die.)